Friday, January 18, 2013

Abstract/Macro Photography






It was really difficult to choose just one photo to represent who I am as a photographer.  However, since taking Kevin Gray's Basic Darkroom Photography course I have become quite taken with black and white abstract/macro photos that pay attention to lines and textures.  I took this photo several weeks ago when I was hiking a mountain.  It is a picture of a small fossil of ocean coral.  I really like the composition and symmetry of this photo and how the center line cuts through the image diagonally.  I edited this photo slightly in Photoshop to increase the contrast and by doing so it really brought out the depth in each crack and crevice of the coral while still maintaining most of the detail and sharpness.

No comments:

Post a Comment