Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Portrait Questions

1. Street portraits: I couldn't get very close because my lens doesn't zoom in very far. I found that it was difficult to pay attention to composition and decisive moment while trying to remain unnoticed.

2. Documentary portraits: I didn't see any patterns in behavior's, the subjects just went about their business as normal. I think you can convey intimacy by being up close and having the subject look at the camera, and to convey distance by being further away or having the subject look away from the camera.

5. I generally like photos where the subject is looking away from the camera, it makes them seem less posed and also I think its more comfortable for the subject and therefore results in better capturing their emotions and gives better photos overall.

6. I'm still not very comfortable photographing a random person. For one, I've never really been interested in taking pictures of people, and I don't like invading someone's space. To get better at this I really just have to spend more time doing it and finding a certain kind of portrait photography that I find enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment